Be part of the next generation of Volunteers through the Volunteer Impact Academy, a program that provides students with the platform to impact our community by creating sustainable change through leadership and service.
Volunteer Impact Academy is an immersive four-year cohort experience designed for students that truly embody what it means to be a volunteer. As a member of the Volunteer Impact Academy, scholars will be equipped with the foundational skills to build on their personal strengths and improve our campus, local communities, and beyond. The program includes an annual scholarship, which automatically renews each year provided requirements are met.
Applications open now for incoming first year students for 2022-2023 and will be available in the VIP (Vol-In-Progress) Portal until January 15, 2022.
“To be a volunteer means you take on this history of traditions and also this history of being ingrained into a community, and that community is founded on service and giving, and volunteering your time, your abilities, and your energy.” – Shelby Whitehead, JCLS Ambassador
Year 1: Self Reflection
Create your own definition of what it means to be a Vol
Year 2: Campus Impact
Learn how to work with other Volunteers and make an impact on campus
Year 3: Community Engagement
Exemplify what it means to be a Vol in the community
Year 4: Global Transformation
Empowered by the connections and experience you have gained, prepare to make a global impact, and leave a lasting legacy at UT
VIA Program Information
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior
- Have a completed admissions application on file to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for the upcoming fall semester
- Have 3.0 core-weighted GPA or higher
- Be actively engaged with the community through service projects, clubs, athletics, work, etc.
- Be interested in personal leadership development and community service engagement
- Eligible students will be able to apply through their VIP (Vol-In-Progress) Portal
- Application includes two essay questions and an elevator pitch!
- Submitting a recommendation letter is optional
- Application deadline is January 15, 2022 for Fall 2022 Cohort
When will admission decisions be released for the incoming cohort?
- Decisions will be sent out to applicants in Mid-March every year.
What residence hall is the Living Learning Community housed?
- This requirement is waived for the 2021-22 academic year.
For additional questions, please contact Brooke Squires at firstname.lastname@example.org.