Be part of the next generation of Volunteers through the Volunteer Impact Academy, a program that provides students with the platform to impact our community by creating sustainable change through leadership and service.
Volunteer Impact Academy is an immersive four-year cohort experience designed for students that truly embody what it means to be a volunteer. As a member of the Volunteer Impact Academy, scholars will be equipped with the foundational skills to build on their personal strengths and improve our campus, local communities, and beyond. The program includes an annual scholarship, which automatically renews each year provided requirements are met.
Applications for Cohort 2028 applications will be available in your VIP Portal on August 1, 2023.
Year 1: Self Reflection
Create your own definition of what it means to be a Vol
Year 2: Campus Impact
Learn how to work with other Volunteers and make an impact on campus
Year 3: Community Engagement
Exemplify what it means to be a Vol in the community
Year 4: Global Transformation
Empowered by the connections and experience you have gained, prepare to make a global impact, and leave a lasting legacy at UT
Program Requirements & Information
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior
- Have a completed admissions application on file to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for the upcoming fall semester
- Have 3.0 core-weighted GPA or higher
- Be actively engaged with the community through service projects, clubs, athletics, work, etc.
- Be interested in personal leadership development and community service engagement
- Eligible students will be able to apply through their VIP (Vol-In-Progress) Portal
- Application includes three essay questions
- Application deadline is January 15, 2024 for Cohort 2028 starting Fall 2024
When will admission decisions be released for the incoming cohort?
- Decisions will be sent out to applicants in Mid-March every year.