The Ignite Leadership Summit is a fun-filled three-day event for incoming students who want an experience like nothing else!
Led by Ignite Team Leaders—current students at UT, the Ignite Leadership Summit experience provides a warm welcome to Big Orange Country. Each team will also have a Facilitator—a UT faculty/staff member who volunteers their time to meet and welcome the new Vols alongside the Ignite Team Leaders.
The Ignite Leadership Summit takes place off-campus. The cost of $200 includes transportation from campus, air-conditioned lodging, meals, ropes course, a T-shirt, and program materials.
Ignite 2022 Dates
- Session 1: August 2-4
- Session 2: August 15-17
- Connect with current student leaders
- Participate in an outdoor challenge course (always “challenge by choice”)
- A high-energy UT traditions tournament
- Learn UT chants, cheers, and game day traditions
- Define your personal leadership style, identify your core values, and learn how to work with others in a group setting
- Enjoy bonfires, games, and dance parties
Key Schedule Times
- Check-in begins at 7am on Day 1 (August 2 or 15)
- Buses leave for the retreat site at 8am
- Program closes at 12pm on Day 3 (August 4 or 17) and students travel back to campus
- Participants attending session 2 will move in directly to their permanent housing assignments on August 14 and will receive move-in appointment information closer to the program.
A picture is worth a thousand words—take a look at a few from previous Ignite Leadership Summits on the Jones Center for Leadership and Service Facebook page!