Updated Campus Mask Policy
Consistent with newly updated CDC guidance, fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks or social distance on UTK’s campus, indoors or outdoors. If your organization is asking volunteers to wear masks or make any other accommodation, please be sure to note that is your volunteer request. We will continue to communicate to volunteers the importance of following the guidance and expectations of our community partners before entering your spaces.
Host Volunteers for Ignite
Ignite is a leadership and service extended orientation experience for over 500 incoming UTK students each summer. Service-learning is a strong value within the program, so community partners (like you!) play a significant role in making Ignite a success. We are busy preparing for our 2021 sessions of Ignite and would love your help providing incoming students with opportunities to serve in their new home of Knoxville on July 8th and 15th and August 10th and 11th. Click HERE to request volunteers for Ignite. In the past, we have used a form on our website for community partner sign-ups, but we have switched to a living document that will hopefully make it much easier for you to make adjustments, as needed. For more information about Ignite, visit https://leadserve.utk.edu/ignite. If you have any questions, please email Cierra Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jones Center for Leadership and Service sponsors monthly service opportunities provided in partnership with various campus departments and community agencies. If you are a Community Partner, and wish to request student volunteers for any of the below VOLServe events below, please fill out the request form located here. You can learn more about these service days by visiting this link. If you have questions, please reach out to Laura Ketola at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 VOLServe Dates
September 17th; 2:30 – 5:30 PM
October 15th; 2:30 – 5:30 PM
November 19th; 2:30-5:30 PM
Spring 2022 VOLServe Dates
MLK Jr. Days of Service will take place January 30th- February 11th. Learn more here.
February 25th; 2:30 – 5:30 PM
March 25th; 2:30 – 5:30 PM
April 23rd; 9am- 12 PM
** Times include transportation to and from campus
Sign-up to Serve Calendar
Looking for volunteers for an upcoming event? Visit facilitation.utk.edu to submit a volunteer request year-round. Once approved, events will be placed on our Sign Up to Serve calendar as well as in our weekly newsletter. As students sign up to volunteer, you will receive an email. When submitting a request, you may want to consider the following:
- The sooner you submit a request, the longer we will have to promote to volunteers. Please allow us 1-2 business days to approve the request.
- We recommend that requests not exceed a five-hour period or span more than one day. If you have a long event, it is best to break it up into multiple shifts.
- If the opportunity is not necessarily an event but a reoccurring volunteering opportunity, email Laura Ketola at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short blurb about the opportunity including time commitment and how to sign up. Information will be added HERE for students as well as in our weekly newsletter.
- Service requests must not place student volunteers in harm’s way or expose them to drug or alcohol consumption.
- Service requests must not utilize UT volunteers to sell items or collect money for an agency or institution.
- Note that dates of service that take place during breaks and closings (i.e. during fall break, spring break, winter break, administrative closings, official exam periods, etc.) will be posted but are less likely to receive volunteers.
Do you have any volunteer needs that students can complete virtually? Some examples may include writing cards or making phone calls. You can submit a request HERE and see the list of opportunities HERE.Questions? Email Laura Ketola at email@example.com.
Other resources: Volunteer East Tennessee
Looking for more ways to reach volunteers? You can also submit Knoxville area volunteer needs and opportunities with Volunteer East Tennessee located here.
Interested in getting email updates about ways to partner with UT? Fill out this form to be put on our community partner contact list. Have questions? Email Laura Ketola at firstname.lastname@example.org.