On behalf of the Division of student Life, the Jones Center for Leadership and Service oversees several scholarships as part of the Continuing Student Scholarship process through Financial Aid. The one application covers all of these scholarships in addition to several others.
To be considered for the Leadership and Service scholarships, be sure to answer the following question:
- What impact do you believe you have you made through your leadership and service to our campus and/or community? Please include any additional relevant details to your community service activities that we might need to know as we consider your application packet (beyond what is available on your ServeUTK service portal transcript).
2024 Leadership & Service Scholarships
- Vic Davis/Earl Zwingle Scholarships: Awarded to rising seniors who have demonstrated exceptional campus leadership through participation in co-curricular activities in the spirit of Victor M. Davis and Earl Zwingle.
- Torchbearer 2000 Scholarships: Awarded to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors who have demonstrated active participation in campus activities, campus leadership, and service to the campus and the Knoxville community.
- Volunteer of the Year Scholarship: Based on leadership, service to campus and community, and strength of character.
- Charles Evans Higdon Scholarships: Based on leadership, scholarship, campus involvement and service. It is awarded to undergraduate students who are not members of social fraternities or sororities (through OSFL). Non-scholarship athletes are encouraged to apply.
- Jane Temple Scholarship: Based on leadership, service and campus involvement. Recipient must be Sevier County High School graduates.
- Chris Dowdle Scholarship: Based on participation in extracurricular activities and service to school and community. Recipient must live in Williamson County or have graduated from a high school in Williamson County.
- Jeanne Barkley Scholarship: Based on leadership, service and campus involvement. Recipient must be an active member of the Student Alumni Associates.
- Tennessee Family Fund Leadership & Service Scholarship: Based on a demonstrated commitment to leadership development and service to campus and/or community. Recipient must have completed at least 30 credit hours at the time of application and their parent(s)/guardian(s) must be members of the UT Family Association.
- Harriet Greve Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity Scholarship: Awarded to a sophomore, junior, or senior woman who is a member of a National Panhellenic Conference or National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc. organization who has demonstrated exceptional strength of character, leadership, and stewardship to UTK.
- Student Government Association Centennial Leadership Scholarship: Awarded to rising sophomore or juniors who have demonstrated an ability to get others more involved, engaged, and connected to the university. Preference given to SGA members who have demonstrated financial need.
- Alpha Chi Omega, Delta Pi Chapter Scholarship: Awarded to sophomore, junior, or senior women who are members the Delta Pi Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega who have demonstrated leadership through Alpha Chi Omega, on-campus organizations, or local community.