What is the VOLbreaks lottery?
Lottery is where you sign-up for your VOLbreaks trip! The lottery sign-up allows for
everyone to have the same chance at getting a spot on a program of their choice. It is possible to come to the lottery and not get on a program as demand sometimes exceeds the spaces available, but there is a wait list for each trip.
Lottery for Spring VOLbreaks will be on Wednesday, January 29 at 7:00pm in Phase II of the Student Union!
Come to lottery with an open mind; all trips will be a rewarding experience.
What should you expect at lottery?
Click HERE to download and print the 2020 Spring VOLbreaks lottery packet.
- Bring your completed lottery packet, deposit (cash/check ONLY made out to the Alternative Break Program), and a color copy of both a valid form of identification (driver’s license or passport) and health insurance.
- Upon arrival to lottery you will be assigned your official lottery number, once your lottery packet has been reviewed.
- If you are not there by the start time, you will only receive an opportunity to sign-up following the entire lottery process.
- If you cannot make it on time or at all, communicate with us before lottery and we will have someone from our program serve as a proxy for you.
- A random number generator will begin selecting numbers. When a person’s number is called, each person will proceed to sign up for the trip of their choice until each trip is full.
- Once you sign-up for a program, you must submit your deposit. Deposits for 2020 Spring VOLbreaks trips are $100 (cash/check made out to the Alternative Break Program).
If you have any questions regarding the lottery system or the form, please contact Julia O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that total costs for the 2020 Spring VOLbreaks trip are $250. The second half of your fees will be due on Monday, January 9.