The W. Timothy Rogers Student Leadership Development Fund provides opportunities to individual students who are interested in participating in/attending a leadership development conference that provides significant training and/or professional development.
Requirements and Restrictions
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing with the University.
- Students must demonstrate exemplary leadership potential.
- Funding cannot be granted for conferences that take place after a student’s official gradutation from the University.
- If applying for summer travel, the student must be registered for classes at UTK in the coming fall.
- Only one award can be received per student, per academic year.
- Students must list a faculty or staff as an *official mentor/partner/advocate for the opportunity.
- All students who receive funding are required present to the UTK campus community (department, organization, mentor, etc.) about their experience no more than 45 days following the conference or event, during the academic year in which they received their funds.
Before applying for the W. Timothy Rogers Student Leadership Development Fund please review the list of required documentation below to ensure that you are prepared to include all necessary information.
- A completed online application form includes:
- demographic information
- conference/event information
- 2 Short Essay Questions
- A letter of recommendation from your faculty/staff mentor.
- This letter should include your mentor’s thoughts on how attending your selected conference or event will impact your leadership development.
- Letters can be uploaded to the application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: Travel Fund.
- Current résumé
Notification of Selection
Response time depends on receipt of your application, the letter of recommendation, and résumé. Please allow two to three weeks for the review process to be completed. You will receive an email of the decision prior to you attending the conference/event. For questions, email email@example.com.
Receiving of Funds
Funds will be provided to students prior to attending the conference/event via a travel advance if the application and review process is completed in enough time to do so. Students will receive instructions about how to obtain the funds and the steps necessary in reconciling funds after the event when they are notified of selection. Funds are to only cover the following expenses:
- Conference/Event Registration
- Travel (UTK car rental or gas for personal vehicle)
Funds will not cover meals or flights.
Applications may be submitted up to six months in advance and no later than 30 days prior to the start of the conference. Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis per semester.
W. Timothy Rogers Student Leadership Fund Application
Please complete the following application in addition to submitting a current resume and letter of recommendation from a faculty/staff mentor to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you did not include it in the application. Application, resume and recommendation letter must all be received in order for the application to be considered complete.