LeaderShape is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating a community of individuals who want to work to make the world a more just, caring, and thriving place to live.
LeaderShape and The University of Tennessee are partnering to host a session of the Institute in 2020!
What is The Institute™?
The LeaderShape® Institute™ is an intensive and energizing six-day program that challenges participants to lead with integrity™ while working towards a vision grounded in their deepest values. Participants explore not only what they want to do, but who they want to be. Dynamic, challenging, and exciting, the week is intended to produce a breakthrough in the leadership capacity of participants—benefiting them individually, as well as their respective communities and the organizations they will go on to lead and serve in the future.
Specifics of the program include a team challenge course, an evening with a guest leader forum, quality facilitators from a variety of backgrounds, and learning and sharing in small groups called family clusters.
Why Should I Participate?
LeaderShape participants learn how to:
- Create a powerful vision
- Build the capacity to work in groups
- Implement an action plan
- Evaluate personal strengths and challenges
- Experience the dynamics of group problem solving
- Communicate with care and impact
- Utilize ethics and values in decision making
- Understand power and influence
2020 UTK session date:
- May 12-17, 2020
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in good standing with the University.
- Must have at least one year left at UT after completing the program. Priority is given to rising Sophomore and Juniors.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
All costs will be covered by the Jones Center for Leadership & Service and the Division of Student Life. That includes the registration fee, all food, lodging, transportation, and supplies for the six-day program. Students who are offered a spot in the UTK session and accept will be charged $800 if they do not attend the Institute to cover the cost of that spot.