The JCLS is sending 11 UTK students to LeaderShape Institute national sessions this summer! All costs will be covered by the W. Tim Rogers Leadership Fund and the Jones Center for Leadership & Service. Applications to attend a national session are now closed.
What is The Institute™?
The LeaderShape® Institute™ is an intensive and energizing six-day program that challenges participants to lead with integrity™ while working towards a vision grounded in their deepest values. Participants explore not only what they want to do, but who they want to be. Dynamic, challenging, and exciting, the week is intended to produce a breakthrough in the leadership capacity of participants—benefiting them individually, as well as their respective communities and the organizations they will go on to lead and serve in the future.
Specifics of the program include a team challenge course, an evening with a guest leader forum, quality facilitators from a variety of backgrounds, and learning and sharing in small groups called family clusters.
Why Should I Participate?
LeaderShape participants learn how to:
- Create a powerful vision
- Build the capacity to work in groups
- Implement an action plan
- Evaluate personal strengths and challenges
- Experience the dynamics of group problem solving
- Communicate with care and impact
- Utilize ethics and values in decision making
- Understand power and influence
2019 National session dates:
- May 12-17, 2019: National session of the Institute in Boston, MA
- July 21-26, 2019: National session of the Institute in Champaign, IL
- July 28-August 2, 2019: National session of the Institute in Champaign, IL
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing an undergraduate degree, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and be in good standing with the University.
- Must have at least one year left at UT after completing the program.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
All costs will be covered by the Jones Center for Leadership & Service through the W. Timothy Rogers Student Leadership Development Fund. That includes the registration fee, all food, lodging, transportation, and supplies for the six-day program. Students who are offered a spot in the national session of their choice and accept will be charged $500 if they do not attend the Institute.