The Center for Leadership and Service sponsors monthly service opportunities provided in partnership with various campus departments and community agencies. On these days, students have the chance to network and interact with students, community members, and staff, while engaging in meaningful service and addressing community needs. Students are provided with transportation and are given an organized opportunity to serve the local community for an afternoon.These organized days of service are led by a student leader who engages the participants in a meaningful reflection to wrap up the afternoon.To request volunteers for the 2018- 2019 VOLServe Monthly Days of Service, please fill out our online intake form found here. If you have additional questions, please contact Karis Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Center for Leadership and Service at 865-974-1039 or email@example.com.
General Volunteer Request Form
If you need volunteers for an upcoming service event, visit facilitation.utk.edu. Before submitting your request, please ensure that your service opportunity meets the requirements listed below. Once approved, events will be placed on our Sign Up to Serve calendar as well as in our weekly newsletter.
- Requests should be submitted at least ten days in advance of the service date. The sooner you submit a request, the longer we will have to promote to volunteers.
- Service requests should not exceed a five-hour period or span more than one day. Reoccurring events can be posted but you must complete one form for each day/event.
- Service requests must not place student volunteers in harm’s way or expose them to drug or alcohol consumption.
- Service requests must not utilize UT volunteers to sell items or collect money for an agency or institution.
- Note that dates of service that take place during breaks and closings (i.e. during fall break, spring break, winter break, administrative closings, official exam periods, etc.) will be posted but are less likely to receive volunteers.
If you have further questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-974-1039. We look forward to working with you to lead and serve our global community!
Other resources: Online Volunteer Center
You can also submit Knoxville area volunteer needs and opportunities at the United Way of Greater Knoxville’s online volunteer center, where you can categorize your volunteer opportunities by interest area and date.